- Things To Do
Harvest Fair Restaurant Competition
The 5th Annual Harvest Fair Restaurant Competition
Our award winning restaurants from last year’s competition were inundated with new customers following the announcements of the Gold medals. In fact, one of our winners stated they saw almost a 30% increase in sales during the two weeks following the Sonoma Harvest Awards Dinner and Harvest Fair.
With an expected 6,000 to 8,000 people attending the 2017 Harvest Fair, the Tasting Pavilion offers a unique space to connect with customers and promote local foods. Expose your restaurant to the thousands of expected people at the Harvest Fair this year. Awards will be announced during the Harvest Awards Dinner.
All Sonoma County restaurants are invited to participate!
5th Annual Harvest Fair Restaurant Competition. The Harvest Fair invites restaurants to enter their favorite restaurant foods, whether it is a main entrée, dessert, appetizer or other food item!
Space is limited to the first 25 restaurants that fully complete the registration and competition process.
• Pasta dish
• Vegetarian entrée
• Fish entrée
• Meat entrée
Entries must be from your regular menu selection. Sonoma County ingredients should be used whenever possible. Entries may be transformed into smaller taste-sized portions to be served during Harvest Fair weekend.
Only food prepared and produced by a Sonoma County based licensed business is eligible for entry. Entrants must work from a coded kitchen according to Sonoma County Health Department regulations.
Judging will take place during July and August.
Our team of judges will make a visit to your restaurant during this time to judge your entries, which are based on a 100 point scale. Details are provided in the competition rules & procedures.
Awards and Recognition:
- A single gold award will be given for each category.
- All winners will receive publicity and exposure to the thousands of expected people at the Harvest Fair this year!
- Awards will be announced during the Harvest Awards Dinner.
2016 Restaurant Competition Judges
- Michele Anna Jordan, Author/Chef
- Anne Vercelli, Culinary Arts/Instructor
- Cynthia Newcomb, Chef, Dutton Estate
- Steve Garner, Broadcast Journalist
- Debra Del Fiorentino, Restaurant Consultant
- Mike Tierny, Co-Owner Taft Street Winery
2016 Restaurant Competition Gold Medal Winners
- Best of Show: John Ash & Co - Bella Rosa Coffee S'mores Pie
- Salad: Charlie's at the Windsor Golf Course - Roast Chicken, Farro & Quinoa Salad
- Appetizer: Thai Time - Fresh Summer Rolls
- Vegetarian Entrée: Risibisi - Risibisi Rosotto
- Pasta Dish: Gaias Garden - Deconstructed Ravioli
- Seafood Entrée: Bear Republic Brewing Company - Salmon BLTA
- Meat Entrée: The Steakhouse @ Equus - Pistachio Crusted Rack of Lamb
- Dessert: John Ash & Co - Bella Rosa Coffee S'mores Pie
2015 Restaurant Competition Gold Medal Winners
- Best of Show: Earth's Bounty Kitchen & Wine Bar, Santa Rosa
- Salad: The Zina Lounge, Sonoma - House Cured Ahi Tuna & Local Baby Lettuces
- Appetizer: Bistro 100, Petaluma - Wild Mushroom Truffled Bruschetta Cream Canape
- Vegetarian Entrée: Risibisi Restaurant, Petaluma - Eggplant Parmigiana
- Seafood Entrée: Earth's Bounty Kitchen & Wine Bar, Santa Rosa - Pan Roasted Halibut
- Meat Entrée: The Secret Kitchen, Petaluma - Pork Bahn Mi Sandwich
- Dessert: The Zina Lounge, Sonoma - Sonoma Locally Grown Fresh Stone Fruit Gratin
2014 Restaurant Competition Gold Medal Winners
- Appetizer: Charlie's, Windsor - Blue Cheese Dip
- Salad: Taverna Sofia, Healdsburg - Watermelon Salad
- Vegan Entrée: Formosa Bistro, Sebastopol - Pumpkin Curry
- Pasta Dish: Risibisi Restaurant, Petaluma - Sweet Corn Risotto
- Seafood Entrée: Formosa Bistro, Sebastopol - Honey Wild Prawns
- Meat Entrée: Taverna Sofia, Healdsburg - Lamb Meatballs
- Dessert: John Ash & Company, Santa Rosa - Sticky Fig and Date Pudding
Honorable Mention: Catelli's, Geyserville - Meatball Sliders