- Things To Do
1. An amateur is one who makes wine as a hobby.
2. Danish System of Judging, Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals offered per class
3. An amateur is 21 years of age and over who does not have an enology degree, does not work in a winery in any winemaking capacity, and no part of his or her livelihood is derived from commercial wine production.
4. A written critique of each wine will be available to the exhibitor of the wine.
5. An entry consists of two bottles of your wine.
6. Label: Identify bottle with exhibitor name, class number & wine type prior to delivery.
7. The judging bottles should not have a “cork topper” or foil. (Display and label contest bottle can be finished with foil top.)
8. Percent residual sugar in the wine must be listed on the entry form.
9. Exhibits that are not picked up within the release time will be discarded.
Entries Close Friday, August 24, 2018, 5:00 p.m.
|FIRST PLACE: Dichotomy "Three Kings"||Joseph Hansen|
|SECOND PLACE: Stone Barn Farm||John Diserens|
|THIRD PLACE: KÓ||Dennis McCarter|
|FIRST PLACE: Hat Trick||Gary Comstock|
|SECOND PLACE: Brows and Stache||Mato Herceg & Tony Diamond|
|THIRD PLACE: Secondcrop Cellars||Frank Martin-Vegue|
John Maier, Lodi Zin, 2015
2017 Finest Red Amateur Wine
Gary Alvey & Mike Sinclair, Sauvignon Blanc, 2016
2017 Finest White Amateur Wine